Some Changes Since You Last Visited Our Site
We have updated the “Our Team” page as we have had a few staff changes, which we feel helps add to the strength of our services.
My son Matthew Chaplin joined us in February 2018, after spending 10 years at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, including a two-year stint in their London, England office, and a year with a real estate developer and planning company. Matthew’s extensive audit experience with public and private companies will improve our audit capabilities. Since joining us, we have benefited from Matthew’s experience, with many of our owner-managed and not-for-profit clients.
Isaac Dai joined us from another smaller accounting firm. His performance, since he joined, has shown that he has a good understanding of the needs of our clientele. Isaac is away for the next few weeks as he prepares for the CPA examinations, but we look forward to having another CPA in the near future.
We have also updated the Income Tax Organizer and Inheritance Guides as well as the Tax Facts section, which we hope that you find useful.
Please advise us if there are any additional guides or tax facts that you feel would be helpful to you and your clients.
As the summer draws to a close, look for the following in the months ahead:
- Clients who require review engagements will see a new report – Report of an Independent Practitioner for a Review Engagement;
- An exposure draft is to be issued in September 2018 which will propose changes to the wording of the compilation (Notice to Reader) report;
- From November 2018, charitable organizations will be able to file Form T3010, Registered Charity Information Return;
- Our Elections Finance division will be busy auditing the finances of candidates involved in the June Ontario election and working with candidates in the October 22, 2018, municipal elections; and
- A budget from the new Ontario government
We will also provide blogs over the coming months on matters which you think are of interest to you, beginning with blogs on the new principal residence requirements and factors to consider when applying for Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan benefits. Your ideas for future articles are very welcome.
Finally, Gail and I would like to thank our clients for their support over the years, and we look forward to serving you in the years ahead.