POSITION NAME/TITLE: Senior manager
LOCATION: North York
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Chaplin & Co. is a firm of chartered accountants located in Toronto, Ontario founded in 1991 by Roger Chaplin. Currently, there are two partners, Roger Chaplin, and Gail Bergman, one chartered accountant, one CPA, and four accounting and support staff.
Chaplin & Co. is a full-service firm working with medium-sized owner-managed companies, including several with International parent or subsidiary companies, and not-for-profit organizations. We conduct audit, review and compilation engagements and prepare corporate and personal income taxes.
We take a “hands-on” approach to all our clients and are always readily accessible. We ensure that both partners
have knowledge of all our clients and their affairs in order to provide effective and timely service. We strive to meet
client deadlines and to communicate our work and findings clearly and fully.
We have a casual and friendly work environment
• The desire to become a partner and operate the business within five years
• Delivering completed files for review on a timely basis
• Willingness to be “Hands-on” during engagements
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
• Analyze and diagnose client business and tax issues to develop and recommend creative solutions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Qualified CPA, CA with 7 to 10 years’ post qualification experience working in a public accounting firm
• Strong technical assurance and accounting knowledge
• Good corporate and personal tax knowledge
• Broad advisory skills
• Knowledge of Caseware and QuickBooks
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Provide training to staff
Nothing at this time.