New Year 2022 Changes
Thank you very much for entrusting us with your financial affairs and we hope that the coming year brings health and happiness to you and your family.
The purpose of this post is to bring to your attention certain changes that have been made with our firm and in the environment that we operate:
- New name, new look
- Refreshed website
- Changes to compilation engagements
- Introduction of online Ontario Business Registry
New look, new name!
CPA Ontario requires that we no longer use the term Chartered Accountants after December 31, 2021. As a result, we will refer to the firm as Chartered Professional Accountants.
Because of this change, we have had to redesign our logo to eliminate Chartered Accountants that was integral part of the logo. We hope that you like the change which we feel has modernized and simplified the logo.
Gail and I have decided that we would change our partnership to a Limited Liability Partnership and, therefore, the partnership’s name will be Chaplin & Co. LLP.
Finally, we welcome our new co-op student, Kevin Shi, an undergraduate student from Brock University who is helping us out until the end of April.
We have refreshed and updated the website to reflect the new name and to updated the following areas of website:
- revised the Income Tax Organizer so that it is easier to complete. The organizer provides a useful reminder of the information that we need when preparing your personal tax returns
- revised the tax guides to incorporate changes over the past year and provide ideas for tax savings in the year ahead
- updated the tax facts to bring the rates up to date